SBBIC’s free Khmer to English dictionary that includes more than 36,000 words and phrases to help you as you translate and learn Khmer and English! We switched platforms to the GoldenDict program since it allows us to import the data from our online dictionary resources at crowdin.net
If you have any issues or find errors please let us know in the comments (or you can login to crowdin.net and make the change yourself! For instructions on how to edit or add terms to the next release of this dictionary please visit: https://sbbic.org/2014/06/16/add-edit-terms-sbbic-khmer-dictionary/).
We also bundled the Chuon Nath Khmer Dictionary so you can look up Khmer words and definitions as well.
All we ask is that you share this page via Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Download the Windows dictionary with the SBBIC English to Khmer Dictionary along with the Khmer Chuon Nath Dictionary here (unzip the file and run GoldenDict.exe):
Download and install the Mac dictionary with the SBBIC English to Khmer Dictionary with the Chuon Nath Khmer Dictionary by following these steps:
1) Share this page in order to Download a .zip file containing both dictionaries
2) Extract the .zip file onto your hard drive
3) Open the Dictionary App on your Mac Computer.
4) Click “File->Open Dictionaries Folder…”
5) Drag the extracted dictionary files you downloaded to the “Dictionaries Folder”
6) Re-start the Dictionary App
7) Open the Dictionary App “Preferences” and scroll down and Select the check box next to “SBBIC English to Khmer Dictionary” and “Chuon Nath Khmer Dictionary”
8) Use the dictionaries!
Or if you are on Linux, you can download both dictionaries in Babylon Dictionary format for use with GoldenDict or any other opensource dictionary app that supports Babylon format dictionaries.
Download the SBBIC English to Khmer Dictionary in Babylon format here:
Download Chuon Nath’s Dictionary in Babylon format here: